Friday, February 4, 2011

SOCKALYPSE

Everyone on Facebook keeps referring to this persistent snow as the 
Snowpocalypse. I think that's just silly. For starters, there's only a few inches. And, even if the entire city has been shut down and I've been trapped in my house with no company for four days, what's so apocalyptic about snow?








I'll tell you what's truly horrific. SOCKS.


Tiny rabbit and deer horn on my mantel added for scale. 
Teensy weensy needles, splitty soft sock yarn (that was probably ill-advised), and a rapidly looming deadline of my dad's birthday. Now THAT is something truly apocalyptic. So, I give you: SOCKALYPSE 2011!!!! Will I make that birthday deadline and successfully complete my second pair of socks ever? Or will I give up sock knitting* and return to simple lace patterns worked on large circulars in worsted weight wool? Only time will tell...


*Given that I just spent thirty minutes admiring sock yarn on etsy, this seems unlikely. 

2 comments:

  1. Were the tiny rabbit and dear horn also maybe added for awesomeness? Also, you are hilarious. I love the term sockalypse. Also, Ryan wants socks with all his heart. I'm trying to get his mom or sister to make them for him. I am not passed the knit part...someday I will pearl as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They totally were!

    What size shoe does he wear? Maybe I will make him a pair when Sockalypse is over!

    ReplyDelete