Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day (is for the birds)

Enough time has passed that all my Valentines have received their surprises, so I can now share them with you! I wanted to make something cute for Valentine's Day, but I also wanted to create something that would stick around a little longer than a card. I didn't have enough time to knit something elaborate for everyone and I have been wanting to try to create little stuffies for a while, so this is what I came up with:



Aren't they cute? I am (beyond) obsessed with owls and birds in general (my house has a bird thing going on... they're on my shoe racks, my shelves, and my dishes) and so are several members of my family, so I thought I would make some owls and one blue bird!

I also found some brown paper tags and wrote cheesy sayings on each of them before I put the birds in the mail.




I somehow didn't get another good picture of the bluebird, but his tag said, "Valentine, you're so tweet!" I am pretty sure all of my recipients loved their gifts... I certainly had fun making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment