Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day (Weekend Edition)


Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I have some lovely Valentine's Day surprises to feature here, but I was a little late mailing them so I will have to wait until a few days have passed and the surprises have been received by all recipients. (If you didn't get one, I still love you, but I only sent out a handful this year!!!)

I love Valentine's Day because I love getting mail, and all my family members send out cute cards and greetings to each other this time of year. It's a fun way to remind everyone that they are loved.

I had a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend with my family. I went home for a few days and I got to hang out with my parents and play with our cute dogs. I especially love this cute puppy.



How could you resist that sweet little face? Can you see her toy lurking in the corner of the picture? She is a lot of fun and spends all her time 'supervising' whatever we are doing. 

I also got a chance to give my mom her Feather and Fan scarf (knit out of delicious Araucania Worsted--- I am so addicted to that wool and I just bought some of their hot pink sock wool!) which turned out well. I love the subdued lace pattern in the worsted weight and I really love the colors. She liked it a lot, too, but didn't want her face in the photo since I took this after she got back from the barn. Understandable!


Then last night I had a date with my Valentine. He took me to see Romeo et Juliette at the new(ish) opera house donwn town. We didn't get a good shot of the gorgeous red Winspear building, but we did get one of that Dallas skyline. You can see the cathedral on the right. 


After the opera, he had another surprise(!)... and I was very surprised. We ate at Toulouse, one of our favorite little fancy restaurants. We had some delicious French food and a very romantic evening watching people on the sidewalk as they biked or walked by. The weather was so nice that the patio screens were rolled up and we could enjoy a breeze.

We finished out the evening with (you guessed it) a latte and some good conversation at our favorite espresso bar. Sadly, I still owe my Valentine his present, but it is a delicious knit tie that is taking me a while to finish. He did get to see the plan and the work in progress, though, and he was surprised and pleased. I'm glad because he has a very finely developed sense of style and I hoped the yarn would meet with his approval. (BIG thanks to my Aunt Laura for sending that along!)

I hope everyone else is having a great Valentine's Day. What did you do for your Valentine this year? Any favorite Valentine memories from years past?

And, coming soon...
*My Sekrit Valentine Project* Plans for a Home Decoration* SOCKALYPSE: The Final Chapter* Ranch Photos* My House (Decorating still in Progress)* Intarsia* Swift-Winding on a Budget*

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Delicious knit tie, ftw.

    The scarf is lovely. And you look beautiful in that photo.

    ReplyDelete